Final event of the “School-to-work Transition” projects in collaboration with Hetor
Some days ago, the University of Salerno held the final event of the “School-to-work Transition” projects.
The schools involved in the Hetor activities presented the achieved results of the work done during their experience.
The aim of the students was the promotion of the Campania Cultural Heritage. The scholars contributed to the creation of a series of datasets – published with an open licence – and the realization of some articles published on the Hetor website.
During the opening sessions, Professor Vittorio Scarano, IT Department, University of Salerno and ROUTE-TO-PA project coordinator, EU Horizon 2020, welcomed the participants, praising them for the success of the activities.
The event hosted some important national and international personalities of the Open Data world:
- Francesca De Chiara (The Govlab Fellow at New York University & Researcher at Digital Commons Lab, Fondazione Bruno Kessler), Open Data expert since 2011, showed a video about the Open Government Partnership, in order to explain the origins of the debate around the Open Data and how governments use the public data to solve daily life problems, mentioning some collaborative platforms for the production of Open Data, such as OpenStreetMap and Wikimedia;
- Conchita D’Ambrosio (ROUTE-TO-PA Ethical Advisor, Economics Professor at the University of Luxembourg), producer and user of Open Data, analyses how some particular events influence people, using and producing Open Data. During her speech, she pointed out the role of the students that have to face a considerable challenge due to the changes occurred to the world of work, and how experiences like that, which connect new technologies with Open Data, can be useful for them.
- Jerry Andriessen (Wise & Munro – ROUTE-TO-PA WP 5 coordinator, The Hague, NL) showed the changes occurred to the ROUTE-TO-PA project over the years, analysing in particular the importance of the pilots’ activities.
Afterwards, the students took the floor, presenting their School-to-work transition experience in collaboration with Hetor.
The schools involved in the Hetor activities are:
- I.I.S. “A.M. Maffucci” High School – Calitri (Av)
- I.I.S.S. “G.B. Vico” High School – Nocera Inferiore (Sa)
- I.S.I.S. “Ferraris – Buccini” High School – Marcianise (Ce)
- Liceo Scientifico Statale “A. Diaz” High School – San Nicola La Strada (Ce)
- Liceo Scientifico Statale “P.S. Mancini” High School – Avellino (Av)
- “ProfAgri Salerno” High School – separate branch of Castel San Giorgio (Sa)
Students realized 36 datasets:
- Churches and Art Places
- Alta Irpinia production firms
- Rural Homes
- Alta Irpinia Local farms
- Bisaccia Local History
- Ancient Professions and Arts – Professions section
- Ancient Professions and Arts – Objects section
- Open Museum: the promotion of the Nocera Inferiore G. B. Vico High School Heritage
- Nocera Inferiore Cultural Itineraries
- Nocera Inferiore Cultural Itineraries – contemporary tour: the disused factories
- History of Carnival floats of Marcianise and neighbouring cities
- Brewery census in Campania
- Pizzerias in Campania
- Churches and places of worship in Caserta
- Central Political Registry of Caserta province
- San Nicola La Strada Open Museum of Rural Culture
- Minor Local Resources of San Nicola La Strada
- Annotated street guide of San Nicola la Strada
- Ancient and medieval Itineraries of the province of Caserta
- Modern Itineraries of the province of Caserta
- Contemporary Itineraries of the province of Caserta
- San Nicola La Strada Churches S. Maria delle Grazie, S. Maria degli Angeli, S. Maria della Pietà
- Irpinia Museum
- Irpinia Museum – Epigraphs section
- Historical Trademarks of Avellino province
- Central Political Registry of the province of Avellino
- Agricultural weather stations in Campania
- Certified breeding farms in Campania for the production of buffalo mozzarella
- Certified cheese factories in Campania for the production of buffalo mozzarella
- Fair trade groups
- Natural local productions
- Campania Region certified wines D.O.C.G., D.O.C. e I.G.P.
- Campania Region organic food companies
- Campania Region didactic farms
- Firms associated with ANICAV
- Campania Region Agriculture assistance centres
In a second phase, students presented the posters, expressly created for the event, to the participants, explaining the process of datasets’ realization, from the sources research to the creation of the dataset and datalets.
At the conclusion of the posters’ presentation, Mirjam Pardijs (Wise & Munro, e Learning research For understanding practices of learning, The Hague, NL), and Jerry Andriessen, praised the students for their works, emphasising the importance of their role within the ROUTE-TO-PA project and their abilities in using the SPOD Platform in a very productive way.
At the end of the event, Professor Vittorio Scarano congratulated the schools on their achieved results, conferring to each school a certificate of merit.
Seguici su Facebook